Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Love of Timepieces


The first time I got my very own personal Timepiece was on my 21st Birthday. It's Rolex - Submariner Date in 40 mm, steel. It's a Birthday present from my Dad. It's a surprise considering I've lost a Tag Heuer - The Link before. Honestly saying I never thought I'll be trusted with any more Timepieces.

And here the story goes..

I lost my Tag Heuer at Home!! Yeah, so weird huh? A friend of mine, a very close friend of mine took it while he was staying overnight at my place. Well he's in deep shit at that moment. He's dealing with his addiction on drugs. I've tried to help me him out by giving him loans. He always says that "It's gonna be the last time!". Seeing how painful he is to the addiction, I just didn't have the heart not to give him some loan. But well, he begin to ask for more. And I realise should I be giving him more loans, he'll always be addicted. Indirectly it's like I'm actually supporting his filthy habit of doing drugs. So I stopped giving him loans. And it's not like I'm expecting him to pay me the loans. I just kept thinking, I'm doing this to help a friend.

So well, he got no place to stay and I offered him to stay at my place until he got his own place. He stayed for a few days and right on the last day he stayed, I realize my Tag Heuer is gone! Definitely frustrated!! I actually forced my Mom to buy that for me and now it's gone. All thoughts suddenly come rushing to my brain.. What am I gonna say to my Mom? I can't possibly say that it's just gone or taken by a friend who is doing drugs?

I didn't directly blame or get angry with my friend. As disappointed as I am, I'm just too exhausted to be more angry with him. I called him and just told him.. "I know you took something, I'm ok with that. I just hope you'll stop your drugs habit". I've never meet him ever since, guess he must have been embarrassed. And I made a lie to my Mom, saying that I lost it during Physical Education class. =(

So well, I'm actually surprised that I'm actually being trusted with another Timepiece. I didn't expect Rolex to be something I really want. But the model's fine. It doesn't look old on me, I guess that's what matters with Rolex. The wrong kind will make me look like an older person, which I detest.

After 2 years or so, the same stupid incident happened. I LOST it again!! Damn!! Not taken by a friend, no drug habit agenda. I was washing my hand at the toilet where I previously worked at. And left the watch right next to the basin. I left it there for around 5 minutes. And when I realize and get back to the Toilet. It's gone!! Just like that.. "POOF!!'

I was so devastated of how stupid and clumsy I can be towards my possession. I told my Mom what happened and I was scolded. Well she didn't really scold me much, but her actions and words made me more remorseful. So well not long after that I got a "Panerai" for myself. As a soothing remedy for losing my Rolex - Submariner. And well, I guess I'm addicted to Timepieces besides my other addictions. =) And I'm still expecting for more Timepieces, but I got to take a little break for now perhaps. =p

No comments: